Monday, April 30, 2012

The original Nanoichi Rei 'Game'

Nanoichi Rei (then Nano Ninja Rei) was originally a video game project I put together back in college. The game was designed as a 2D side scrolling shooter/Mega Man clone featuring Rei as the playable character. However due to time constraints, the game was never intended to be fully realized. What I managed to finish was a very buggy proof-of-concept. The game was programmed in C using SDL libraries, while the sprites were done mostly with Blender (version 2.42 if I remember). 

These are just a couple of screen grabs from the original game project. 




Rei's sprite sheet:


The original game itself (Win32 exe): http://www.mediafire.com/?br97o9u0zc2e9ha

As mentioned, the 'game' is incredibly buggy and seems to crash entirely at random. However, I have not left out the possibility of starting this project over. But for now, I'll stick with bringing her to life with Blender.  

No comments:

Post a Comment